Friday, December 10, 2010

Assignment #19 My Very Short Story


It was a foggy and cloudy day in New York City. This didn’t stop anyone from getting where they needed to go, they never take time to just take a step back and enjoy life. In New York it’s always go, go, go never look, look, look.


I moved to this horrible place in July, its November now. I’m in the 8th grade. I made friends right away but I just can’t stand this lifestyle. I’ve played baseball since I was 5. Baseball is the best thing ever. You can’t get any better than hitting the ball and running from base to base.

As months passed baseball season finally arrived. This made my life a little better. I had practice every day after school until 5:30. One day at practice they had just watered the grass. We still played on it. We did our running and our drills. Then we started playing. I was put on second base.

The batter hit the ball and started running. I saw the ball coming in my direction I ran to catch it. The next thing I know I’m laying on the ground and I can’t move my ankle! As I’m sitting in the car, many things run through my mind. I hope I can play on Saturday in the first game of the season.

I’m sitting in the doctor’s office waiting to know how my x-rays came out. I hear a knock at the door. The doctor introduced himself as “Dr. Mackler”

“Your ankle is broken. I will send you to get your cast on now.”

Broken? I felt like I had just got punched in the gut. I am not going to play in my first game.

As I spent my time at home, I realized how nice New York could be. I spent a lot of time with my baby sister and my mom. I had been so caught up in how miserable I thought my life was that I didn’t see all the good I could pull out of it with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment