Friday, March 26, 2010

My Oral Tradition


My family has many very interesting stories and people. One story that is very interesting to me is about my great grandpa. My great grandpa was a Justice of Peace, or a judge. My great grandpa had an office inside his house where he would hold court. His office was right here in Albuquerque. Since his office and he would hold court there, my great grandma would always be making tortillas in the kitchen, which was just in the next room.

My great grandpas house was on Atrisco road right across from Holy Family Church. My grandpa had to have court with many people. He had many different court cases too. One time he had to have court with a very young guy. He was a very young guy so he had no money to bail himself out of jail. This guy offered to give my great grandpa his guitar in place of money. It turned out that this young guy was actually a very successful country star. Glen Campbell.

2 comments:

  1. I remember your grandma telling me that story, when Barb and i were little we would peek into his office to see and try to listen to what was going on with all the people that had to come there. It was one of most fun and exciting times for me when i was a little girl. His office always smelled of cigar smoke, I can still remember the smell and think of him when ever i smell cigar smoke LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool. Just knowing that Glenn Campbell was in your great grandfathers house, but the good that your great grandfather did. I love to hear stories like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete