Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Myself


"Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be." ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

This year I have had a lot of very new experiences. I have made many new friends, gotten closer to some friends, but I have also lost some very close friends. These are some of the good experiences and not so great situations that I have experienced this school year. I have learned so many things in just the time length of one school year.

This year I have learned that people change some change for the better, but others for the worst. When people change for the worst, or when people change at all what they don’t know is that they are not only affecting themselves but they are affecting others around them.

I have lost close friends because of people changing. I changed. This is the reason for one loss of a friend. This person didn’t like that I have become more outspoken. So they showed their true self. I saw that the person who was my best friend was not who that person truly was. So because of this loss I gained new friendships that accept the fact that I can speak up more, and they like it. I may have lost what I thought was a good friendship, but better things and people came out of this situation.

Now I have a big group of people who are my real best friends. These people I can trust with anything and everything we tell each other. Form this type of situation I have learned to always find the bright side of things. I believe this is very true. I think that this is true because when bad things happen things will fix themselves or they will get better.

People say I have changed, I’m not going to lie, I have changed I have noticed it myself. I am very glad that I have changed because I am a new person and I like the new me. I am really glad that everything that has happened to me (good or bad) happened because all of it changed me and made me a better person. It’s weird when you notice changes within yourself. When you yourself notice these changes it shows that there are big changes taking place, hopefully they are good changes!

"Some people say they haven't yet found themselves. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates."
- Thomas Szasz

No comments:

Post a Comment