Monday, May 10, 2010

If I Could be Someone Else for a Day...


If I could be one person I would want to be someone who is my age but lives in a country where they don't have as many advantages that I have. I would like to do this because it would be a good experience. This would show me how of kids my age live. It would show me that I am very fortunate to have parents who take care of me and my family. Kids who are my age in other countries have a lot of responsibilities. For example they might have to work to get food for their family or take care of their siblings. They might have to look after their siblings because their parents are sick or may not be capable of looking after their family.

This type of experience would change my  paradigm of the world. It would give me another way to look at the world. This would show me how grateful I am to be able to go to school, and be able to see my friends on weekends and I wouldn't have to worry about what was going to happen to my siblings or family. I am very grateful that I have parents who take care of all of that. I also have a house to live in, food to come home to everyday, and new clothes, these are some things that some kids my age have to worry about. I am very fortunate to know that i have family who I know will always be there for me.

1 comment:

  1. Just the fact that you know how fortunate you are says sooooo very much.
    You think like a true Leader..... The way you see the world gives everyone HOPE.......
    You my baby will change the WORLD !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete